Affinity Franchise Partners
Karen is the President of Affinity Franchise Partners. With a wide range of entrepreneurial experience, Karen specializes in helping future business owners investigate franchise opportunities.
At the beginning of her career, she was a part of the management team for two organizations that offered licensed ownership systems. Karen “grew up” in management by working for three very successful entrepreneurs in separate industries: personnel staffing, executive office leasing and technology.
After her tenure as Director of Operations with a computer services company, Karen founded her own firm, specializing in automated document management for legal, financial and governmental entities. The company grew to employ over 100 people in three states, with Fortune 150 clients as well as small, private firms. She received numerous awards that attest to her expertise in entrepreneurship, organizational development, computer forensics, electronic discovery, and document management needs.
Karen is active in both community and industry organizations. She serves on the Board of Directors for PACE Center for Girls (Broward). She has also served on the Board of Directors for the Girl Scouts and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce. She regularly speaks at seminars nationwide. She has published articles in nationwide and industry publications, and has appeared as an expert on local and national television.
Awards and Accolades Some of the awards Karen has received include:
- Entrepreneur of the Year, New Castle County, Delaware Chamber of Commerce
- Technology CEO of the Year, South Florida Business Journal
- Small Business of the Year, Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Business Woman of the Year, Entrepreneur – Technology, South Florida Business Journal
- Executive of the Year Finalist, Nashville, Tennessee Small Business Awards
Industry Recognition has included being named to the Top 10 Service Providers list five years in a row by iConect Development, as well as being awarded Leadership and Innovation in a Medium Market by IPRO Technologies. Both organizations are international technology companies.
Karen’s certifications include:
- Franchise Broker, Franchise Brokers Association
- Professional Implementer, Entrepreneurial Operating System
- Certified Computer Examiner, International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners
“Strive for excellence, not perfection. Excellence is obtainable for those who truly desire it.”